REEF DISPENSARIES FAQ
1. Where Is Reef Dispensaries located?
Reef Dispensaries has six locations in both Nevada and Arizona. Please click the Locations
tab at the top of the website for detailed directions and product availability.
2. What are Reef Dispensaries’ hours?
Reef Dispensaries hours are as follows:
- Nevada, Las Vegas Strip: 24/7
- Nevada, North Las Vegas: 24/7
- Nevada, Sparks Reno: 8am-10pm
- Nevada, Sun Valley: 8am-12am
- Arizona, Queen Creek: 7am-10pm
- Arizona, Central Phoenix: 8am-10pm
3. What are the benefits of being a patient or customer at Reef Dispensaries?
There are many great reasons to visit Reef Dispensaries. Here are just a few:
- Reef is a clean and professionally operated facility with knowledgeable staff
- We cultivate and grow most of our products locally and on site
- We are the exclusive home of the world famous, authentic Khalifa Kush strain
- We feature regular value incentive specials for new and regular patients
4. What types of payments does Reef accept?
All Reef Dispensaries locations in Nevada and Arizona accept cash and credit cards. Additionally, all locations have an ATM on-site, and we are always working to offer more payment options.
5. What kind of specials are currently being offered?
6. Does Reef offer a customer/patient loyalty rewards program?
First time patients that register at Reef Arizona locations can choose from the following free gifts with any medicated purchase:
- A free eighth of Tryke Black
- A free gram of top-shelf
- A free half-gram of select concentrates
All Reef locations offer 10% off for seniors (65+) and veterans with proof of service. Nevada locals can also receive 10% off with NV state ID.
Until further notice, Reef Nevada locations are no longer offering a first-time patient special.
We do! Reef offers a loyalty rewards system in which customers earn 1 point for each pre-tax dollar spent. Customers are awarded $1.50 credit to their account for each 100 points earned ($100) at Reef. Customers can start redeeming points as long as there are at least 100 points in the account. Points are not transferable between Nevada and Arizona Reef locations.
7. Does Reef Dispensaries accept out-of-state medical cards?
- In Nevada, you can use an out-of-state medical card as long as also present a valid government issued ID or U.S. passport.
- In Arizona, the medical marijuana laws only allow us to accept Arizona medical cards.
8. Is recreational cannabis sold at Reef's Nevada locations?
Recreational sales are underway at Reef’s Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Sun Valley, and Sparks locations.
9. How old do I have to be to purchase recreational cannabis in Nevada?
To purchase recreational cannabis in NV, you must be 21 years old with valid ID. (Medical patients do not need to be 21 if they are a valid medical marijuana card holder.)
10. Where can I enjoy cannabis legally?
In Nevada and Arizona, smoking or using any form or cannabis in public is unlawful, and is restricted to use only in a private residence.
12. What kind of age limits are there on medical marijuana? On recreational?
In Nevada and Arizona, you must be 18 to become a patient. However, persons under the age of 18 can become patients in both states with the consent of a parent or guardian caregiver through a minor release form.Recreational customers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase cannabis products without a medical card.
13. How much cannabis am I allowed to purchase / grow / transport in NV or AZ?
- Medical patients can possess up to 2.5 ounces of varying usable cannabis products at any given time. Recreational cannabis customers can possess up to 1 ounce of varying usable cannabis at any given time. In either case, one may only buy up to one ounce per transaction. You are not limited on how many transactions you may make in one day, as long as it does not exceed the possession limits. limit.
- Grow up to 6 cannabis plants in your home, as long as it is at least 25 miles away from a dispensary.
- Transport cannabis, as long as it is in a sealed container away from the driver and any minor passengers. It is unlawful to travel outside of state lines in possession.
Under current medical laws, Arizona patients are allowed to:
- Purchase up to 2.5 ounces of varying usable cannabis products every 14 days
- Grow up to 12 cannabis plants in your home, as long as it is at least 25 miles away from a dispensary
- Transport up to 2.5 ounces of cannabis. It is unlawful to travel outside of state lines in possession.
14. Is it legal to drive under the influence of cannabis?
It is unlawful to drive under the influence of any form of cannabis in both Nevada and Arizona.
15. What types of products are offered at Reef Dispensaries?
Reef Dispensaries offers a wide variety of flower, concentrates, vape cartridges, edibles, and topical cannabis products, as well as a selection of CBD specific items. We also carry rolling papers, pipes, clothing and other accessories.
16. What is the difference between indica, sativa, and hybrid strains of cannabis?
- Indica cannabis strains like Sherbert and Star Dawg provide a relaxing feeling and are often used by patients for: insomnia, body pain, muscle relaxation, spasms, seizures, headaches, stress relief, anxiety, and more. A great way to remember this is indica = “in da couch.”
- Sativa cannabis strains like Purple Urkle and Afrodite provide a more stimulating, uplifting and energetic feeling, often inspiring creative thinking, deeper focus, and a general sense of well-being. Sativas are also used to fight depression.
- Hybrid cannabis strains are exactly what they sound like: plants that are a balance of indicas and sativas.
Speak to one of Reef’s budtenders about finding the right strain for you.
17. What products are exclusive to Reef Dispensaries?
All Tryke branded products are currently only available at Reef Dispensaries. We are also the exclusive home of Wiz Khalifa’s Khalifa Kush.
18. What are the differences in the tiers of flower (Tryke Black, Tryke Gold, Tryke Platinum, Tryke Diamond)?
- Tryke Black Label: Black Label is our core tier of flower, culled from vintage genetic ancestry from all over the globe. These classic, traditional and value priced strains allow for greater quantities at an affordable cost to the consumer.
- Tryke Gold Label: Our Gold Label line is carefully selected from some of the finest genetics on the planet, encompassing many of our most popular strains. Gold is for the slightly more discerning patient, one who doesn’t mind investing a little extra to insure a greater, more pleasurable effect.
- Tryke Platinum: Platinum is our premium line of superior grade flower, an exceptional batch of scarce strains reserved only for the most sophisticated taster. This exquisite blend of top shelf selections is cultivated with pristine, meticulous care, yielding only small batches at a time. Tryke Platinum characteristically preserves the richness of the terpene flavors and produces a beautifully euphoric sensation.
- Tryke Diamond: The scarce, aristocratic Diamond designation is saved only for our most sought-after, mythical top shelf strains, such as the Khalifa Kush line. These arresting, aromatic selections are engineered only for the worldly aficionado, providing both a unique appearance and otherworldly experience.
19. What celebrity endorsed products does Reef carry?
Reef Dispensaries is the official home of Wiz Khalifa’s Khalifa Kush. You can read more about these strains in our Celebrity Partners section
20. Does Reef grow all of its products on site?
Most of the Tryke-branded products sold at our Las Vegas Strip location are grown in-house, on-site at our 165,000 sq ft facility, which also supplies our North Las Vegas and Reno locations. The same goes for our Central Phoenix location, which supplies our other locations in Arizona, as well. We also carry select outside products curated from third-party vendors.
21. Which products have the highest THC percentage?
You would not walk into a winery and ask for a glass with the highest alcoholic percentage, nor should you base your decision on selecting a cannabis strain based on its THC levels. THC and other cannabinoids, along with essential oils called terpenes, interact together to give each strain its unique smell, flavor, taste and experience. Come to a Reef Dispensaries location to evaluate various strains and find the right one for your needs. For a deeper dive into how terpenes dictate your experience, check out this piece
on Trkye Cultivator.
If you are still interested primarily in the highest THC percentage, we also suggest you look into our line of extracts called Tryke Concentrates, which are up to 80% THC, thanks to our lab’s innovative extraction methods.
22. What are cannabis extracts?
While cannabis is historically mainly consumed using its budded plant form, numerous scientific breakthroughs have been discovered over the years with extracts. We produce our own in-house extracts called Tryke Concentrates, which yield much higher THC levels, sometimes up to 80%. Some examples include:
- Shatter: Shatter is a type of concentrate that can look a bit like solid honey and if dropped will break into multiple pieces like glass. It is made by extracting the chemicals from cannabis buds using a solvent, which is then evaporated from the buds, leaving behind the psychoactive resins of the plant. Shatter can be consumed via a specialized glass water piper called a “rig” via the extremely voluminous process of “dabbing,” among other methods.
- Crumble: Much like shatter, crumble derives its name from its consistency, which is almost like a block of cheese or wax. It goes through a process not unlike that of shatter, using pre-purged oils and a lower heat, resulting a more appetizing flavor. Crumble is typically used as a “topping” for smoking flower and is also ingested via portable vape coils.
- Distillate: Also called “clear,” thanks to its clean, transparent yellow appearance, distillate is derived from a process called “short path distillation,” resulting in an incredibly high-end concentrate. This highly potent THC solution then has terpenes re-introduced to achieve various flavors, and is then sold in cartridges that are perfect for vaping.
- Budder: Budder is very similar to crumble, but gets its name from its “creamy” ear wax-like consistency and the fact that it goes through a “whipping process.” Budder extracts of White Zombie and Medusa are ideal for dabbing.
- Live Sugar: Live sugar is almost like the “wine” of the concentrates line, as it goes through more of a refined process of extraction, preserving the bud’s flavor profile, medicinal benefits, retaining many of the cannabinoids and terpenes of the plant. A little pricier than the other concentrates, Reef Dispensaries offers Khalifa Kush Live Sugar, among other brands.
- Rosin: Quickly gaining popularity in the extracts market is rosin, which is based on an almost instantaneous, solventless extraction process, involving heat and pressure to separate the resin from the plant. Fans of rosin appreciate this extraction technique because the lack of foreign substances, resulting in a product very similar to shatter.
- Live Resin: Not to be confused with rosin, the live resin process of extraction does use a solvent, and is a butane based method, like many of the others talked about here. The difference is that the live resin process uses fresh plants, rather than plants that have been dried and cured. This creates a unique oil end product that retains the potent aroma of the original plant, maintaining the integrity of the terpene profile.
For an even deeper dive into concentrates, check out this piece at Tryke Cultivator.
23. How do I use the Tryke vape pen/cartridges/battery?
For all questions regarding usage of the Tryke vaping products, refer to this article: Tryke Vape Pens: A User’s Guide
24. What kind of edible cannabis products does Reef offer?
Reef carries a variety of chocolates, cookies, gummies, butters, oils, and chews from trusted vendors.
25. How do I use edibles?
Edibles have a bit of a sneaky side to them; a little bit can go a long way, and many times it takes a few hours to feel the effect. Because of this, people often make the mistake of overdoing it and taking too much. While results differ for everyone, here are a few handy tips.
- Talk to a Reef budtender about finding the right edible for you, based on your age, body weight, gender, etc.
- Start slow, take a small dosage if you are new to edibles and let it take effect over the course of a few hours before deciding to ingest more.
- Eat non-infused food first so that you don’t have an empty stomach. Treat edibles like treats!
- 10 mg – about the size of one gummy — is enough, in most cases. Prepare for a more intense high than you might get from smoking.
- Keep out of reach of children. Secure edibles like the medicines that they are. You wouldn’t let a child have access to cough syrup, so keep edibles in the same safe, out-of-reach places that you would keep medicine or alcohol.
26. Why does Reef pre-weigh its flower?
Many patients from other states are used to “deli-style” service where the flower is weighed out in front of them, pulled from a communal jar. We feel that pre-weighing is in the best interest of the consumer. Once our products pass testing, they are weighed out on state-certified scales and put into jars by trained employees wearing lab coats, gloves, hairnets and other protective gear. This insures the product is kept sanitary and is not compromised.
27. Do you have ***** in stock?
If you are looking for a specific strain, concentrate, topical, or edible, please refer to your local store on our Locations
section for embedded Weedmaps menus. Note that we update online menus throughout the day, but inventory moves fast and we can’t guarantee that a specific item will still be in stock when you arrive at the store. Southern Nevada customers can use our Order Ahead service at either location to reserve products by visiting ReefPickUp.com
28. I was unhappy with my experience at Reef Dispensaries. What is Reef’s customer service policy?
Reef offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products and services. If you ever have a problem with one of our products or are unhappy with the service you received at one of our locations, please use the Contact
form on this website and we will do our best to rectify the situation.
29. What is Tryke Companies?
Reef Dispensaries is the retail distributor of Tryke products.
30. Can I buy stock in Reef Dispensaries / Tryke Companies?
Sorry, Tryke is a privately held company with no shares traded on any public markets. Please head to our Investment Opportunities page
if you are an accredited investor or are a medical marijuana license holder.
31. How can I work for Reef?
Please refer to our Careers
page, where you can view open positions and apply online. Please note that we do NOT accept applications submitted to us in person at our retail locations. Submitting a printed resume will not
result in consideration for employment. The only way to enter our HR system is via the careers link above.”
We are excited about discovering new talent, so please apply online. We will contact you if and when opportunities become available. Thanks!
32. Someone claiming to be from Reef Dispensaries / Tryke Companies is trying to sell me cannabis products online. Is this a scam?
Yes! Please be careful, there are scammers out there impersonating cannabis industry executives and employees offering to sell product through the mail. Reef Dispensaries / Tryke Companies employees will never ask you to send money or offer to ship you products. If someone does, report the fraudulent account to the respective social media network’s abuse department.
33. Can I get a tour, bro?
As much as we would love to walk all of our friends and patients through the cultivation facility, it is just not possible. Not only does it interrupt the cultivation staff’s workflow, but we also risk contamination each time the plants are exposed to outside visitors. For now you can check out a behind the scenes look at the Reef Dispensaries Las Vegas Strip HQ via Wiz Khalifa’s visit below: