REEF DISPENSARIES FAQ
Reef Dispensaries has six locations in both Nevada and Arizona. Please click the Locations tab at the top of the website for detailed directions and product availability.
Reef Dispensaries hours are as follows:
- Nevada, Las Vegas Strip: 7am-3am
- Nevada, North Las Vegas: 24/7
- Nevada, Sparks Reno: 8am-7pm
- Nevada, Sun Valley: 8am-8pm
- Arizona, East Valley: 7am-10pm
- Arizona, Central Phoenix: 8am-7pm
There are many great reasons to fill your prescriptions at Reef Dispensaries. Here are just a few:
- Reef is a clean and professionally operated facility with knowledgeable staff
- We cultivate and grow most of our products locally and on site
- We are the exclusive home of the world famous, authentic Khalifa Kush strain
- We feature regular value incentive specials for new and regular patients
Reef Dispensaries locations in Nevada and Arizona only accept cash. All locations have an ATM on-site, and we are always working to offer more payment options.
First time patients that register at Reef Arizona locations can choose from the following free gifts with any medicated purchase:
- A free eighth of Tryke Red
- A free gram of top-shelf
- A free half-gram of select concentrates
All Reef locations offer 10% off for seniors (65+) and veterans with proof of service.
Until further notice, Reef Nevada locations are no longer offering a first-time patient special.
- In Nevada, you can use an out-of-state medical card as long as also present a valid government issued ID or U.S. passport.
- In Arizona, the medical marijuana laws only allow us to accept Arizona medical cards.
Recreational sales are underway at Reef’s Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, and Sparks locations. Reef’s Sun Valley location will soon follow, currently slated to begin recreational sales in early August, upon the approval of all licenses and permits. Watch our website for updates.
To purchase recreational cannabis in NV, you must be 21 years old with valid ID. (Medical patients do not need to be 21 if they are a valid medical marijuana card holder.)
In Nevada and Arizona, smoking or using any form or cannabis in public is unlawful, and is restricted to use only in a private residence. This complicates things for tourists, although there is currently a bill request from Nevada state Sen. Tick Segerblom for local governments to allow public cannabis usage destinations.
That is up to you and how frequently you need to medicate. However, recreational sales will be more expensive due to higher state taxes. A 10% excise tax will be added at the register to recreational purchases, whereas medical patients pay no excise tax.
Please refer to our Nevada Medical Marijuana Card or Out-of-State / International Medical Marijuana Card pages to see if you qualify for a card and instructions on how to proceed.
In Nevada and Arizona, you must be 18 to become a patient. However, persons under the age of 18 can become patients in both states with the consent of a parent or guardian caregiver through a minor release form.
Recreational customers must be 21 years of age or older to purchase cannabis products without a medical card.
Under current medical laws, Nevada patients are allowed to:
- Possess up to 2.5 ounces of varying usable cannabis products at any given time. You may only buy one ounce per transaction, but you may make multiple transactions in the same day.
- Grow up to 6 cannabis plants in your home, as long as it is at least 25 miles away from a dispensary.
- Transport cannabis, as long as it is in a sealed container away from the driver and any minor passengers. It is unlawful to travel outside of state lines in possession.
Under current medical laws, Arizona patients are allowed to:
- Purchase up to 2.5 ounces of varying usable cannabis products every 14 days
- Grow up to 12 cannabis plants in your home, as long as it is at least 25 miles away from a dispensary
- Transport up to 2.5 ounces of cannabis. It is unlawful to travel outside of state lines in possession.
It is unlawful to drive under the influence of any form of cannabis in both Nevada and Arizona.
Reef Dispensaries offers a wide variety of flower, concentrates, vape cartridges, edibles, and topical cannabis products, as well as a selection of CBD specific items. We also carry rolling papers, pipes, clothing and other accessories.
- Indica cannabis strains like Sherbert and Star Dawg provide a relaxing feeling and are often used by patients for: insomnia, body pain, muscle relaxation, spasms, seizures, headaches, stress relief, anxiety, and more.
- Sativa cannabis strains like Purple Urkle and Afrodite provide a more stimulating, uplifting and energetic feeling, often inspiring creative thinking, deeper focus, and a general sense of well-being. Sativas are also used to fight depression.
- Hybrid cannabis strains are exactly what they sound like: plants that are a balance of indicas and sativas.
After talking with your doctor, speak to one of Reef’s patient specialists about helping find the right strain for you.
All Tryke branded products are currently only available at Reef Dispensaries. We are also the exclusive home of Berner’s Exotikz and Khalifa Kush.
- Tryke Black Label: Black Label is our core tier of flower, culled from vintage genetic ancestry from all over the globe. These classic, traditional and value priced strains allow for greater quantities at an affordable cost to the consumer.
- Tryke Gold Label: Our Gold Label line is carefully selected from some of the finest genetics on the planet, encompassing many of our most popular strains. Gold is for the slightly more discerning patient, one who doesn’t mind investing a little extra to insure a greater, more pleasurable effect.
- Tryke Platinum: Platinum is our premium line of superior grade flower, an exceptional batch of scarce strains reserved only for the most sophisticated taster. This exquisite blend of top shelf selections is cultivated with pristine, meticulous care, yielding only small batches at a time. Tryke Platinum characteristically preserves the richness of the terpene flavors and produces a beautifully euphoric sensation.
- Tryke Diamond: The scarce, aristocratic Diamond designation is saved only for our most sought-after, mythical top shelf strains, such as Khalifa Kush and the Exotikz by Berner line. These arresting, aromatic selections are engineered only for the worldly aficionado, providing both a unique appearance and otherworldly experience.
Reef Dispensaries is the official home of Wiz Khalifa’s Khalifa Kush and Exotikz by Berner. You can read more about these strains in our Celebrity Partners section.
Most of the Tryke-branded products sold at our Las Vegas Strip location are grown in-house, on-site at our 165,000 sq ft facility, which also supplies our North Las Vegas and Reno locations. The same goes for our Central Phoenix location, which supplies our other locations in Arizona, as well. We also carry select outside products curated from third-party vendors.
You would not walk into a winery and ask for a glass with the highest alcoholic percentage, nor should you base your decision on selecting a cannabis strain based on its THC levels. THC and other cannabinoids, along with essential oils called terpenes, interact together to give each strain its unique smell, flavor, taste and experience. Come to a Reef Dispensaries location to evaluate various strains and find the right one for your needs.
If you are still interested primarily in the highest THC percentage, we also suggest you look into our line of extracts called Tryke Concentrates, which are up to 80% THC, thanks to our lab’s innovative extraction methods.
While cannabis is historically mainly consumed using its budded plant form, numerous scientific breakthroughs have been discovered over the years with extracts. We produce our own in-house extracts called Tryke Concentrates, which yield much higher THC levels, sometimes up to 80%. Some examples include:
- Shatter: Shatter is a type of concentrate that can look a bit like solid honey and if dropped will break into multiple pieces like glass. It is made by extracting the chemicals from cannabis buds using a solvent, which is then evaporated from the buds, leaving behind the psychoactive resins of the plant. Shatter can be consumed via a specialized glass water piper called a “rig” via the extremely voluminous process of “dabbing,” among other methods.
- Crumble: Much like shatter, crumble derives its name from its consistency, which is almost like a block of cheese or wax. It goes through a process not unlike that of shatter, using pre-purged oils and a lower heat, resulting a more appetizing flavor. Crumble is typically used as a “topping” for smoking flower and is also ingested via portable vape coils.
- Distillate: Also called “clear,” thanks to its clean, transparent yellow appearance, distillate is derived from a process called “short path distillation,” resulting in an incredibly high-end concentrate. This highly potent THC solution then has terpenes re-introduced to achieve various flavors, and is then sold in cartridges that are perfect for vaping.
- Budder: Budder is very similar to crumble, but gets its name from its “creamy” ear wax-like consistency and the fact that it goes through a “whipping process.” Budder extracts of White Zombie and Medusa are ideal for dabbing.
- Live Sugar: Live sugar is almost like the “wine” of the concentrates line, as it goes through more of a refined process of extraction, preserving the bud’s flavor profile, medicinal benefits, retaining many of the cannabinoids and terpenes of the plant. A little pricier than the other concentrates, Reef Dispensaries offers Khalifa Kush Live Sugar, among other brands.
- Rosin: Quickly gaining popularity in the extracts market is rosin, which is based on an almost instantaneous, solventless extraction process, involving heat and pressure to separate the resin from the plant. Fans of rosin appreciate this extraction technique because the lack of foreign substances, resulting in a product very similar to shatter.
- Live Resin: Not to be confused with rosin, the live resin process of extraction does use a solvent, and is a butane based method, like many of the others talked about here. The difference is that the live resin process uses fresh plants, rather than plants that have been dried and cured. This creates a unique oil end product that retains the potent aroma of the original plant, maintaining the integrity of the terpene profile.
Reef does not currently produce its own edible products on site, but we do carry a variety of chocolates, cookies, gummies, butters, oils, and chews from trusted third party vendors.
Edibles have a bit of a sneaky side to them; a little bit can go a long way, and many times it takes a few hours to feel the effect. Because of this, people often make the mistake of overdoing it and taking too much. While results differ for everyone, here are a few handy tips.
- Talk to a Reef patient consultant about finding the right edible for you, based on your age, body weight, gender, etc.
- Start slow, take a small dosage if you are new to edibles and let it take effect over the course of a few hours before deciding to ingest more.
- Eat non-infused food first so that you don’t have an empty stomach. Treat edibles like treats!
- 10 mg – about the size of one gummy — is enough, in most cases. Prepare for a more intense high than you might get from smoking.
- Keep out of reach of children. Secure edibles like the medicines that they are. You wouldn’t let a child have access to cough syrup, so keep edibles in the same safe, out-of-reach places that you would keep other types of medicine or alcohol.
Many patients from other states are used to “deli-style” service where the flower is weighed out in front of them, pulled from a communal jar. Nevada and Arizona do not allow such practices, but we also feel that pre-weighting is in the best interest of the consumer. Once our products pass testing, they are weighed out on state-certified scales and put into jars by trained employees wearing lab coats, gloves, hairnets and other protective gear. This insures the product is kept sanitary and is not compromised.
If you are looking for a specific strain, concentrate, topical, or edible, please refer to your local store on our Locations section for embedded weedmaps menus. Note that we update online menus throughout the day, but inventory moves fast and we can’t guarantee that a specific item will still be in stock when you arrive at the store.
Reef offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products and services. If you ever have a problem with one of our products or are unhappy with the service you received at one of our locations, please use the Contact form on this website and we will do our best to rectify the situation.
Reef Dispensaries is the retail distributor of Tryke products.
Sorry, Tryke is a privately held company with no shares traded on any public markets.
Please refer to our Careers page, where you can view open positions and apply online. We are excited about discovering new talent and will contact you as opportunities become available. Thanks!
As much as we would love to walk all of our friends and patients through the cultivation facility, it is just not possible. Not only does it interrupt the cultivation staff’s workflow, but we also risk contamination each time the plants are exposed to outside visitors. For now you can check out a behind the scenes look at the Reef Dispensaries Las Vegas Strip HQ via Marijuana Mania below: